Monday 30 June 2014

How To Be Happy

 

I get that this post is completely subjective but I've found that things like these help me a lot when it comes to being a happy person so maybe it will help others, also if I'm having a bad day I can always come back to this post! I should add that I'm an optimist so this might not be the best post for pessimists, sorry! But as Winston Churchill said, 
it does not seem to be much use being anything else".




Some people argue that being happy is the most important thing to be and I completely agree. It's your life and if your not happy living it then it's time to make some changes. I took a Happiness module in my Psychology course at uni and it was one of the most interesting, so I'm all about it.



I believe a major part of happiness comes from human relations. "Happiness is only real when shared", if you know where that quote comes from then can we be best friends? 
Having positive, supporting people in your life is very important to your happiness. If you are the average of the 5 closest people to you, you would want the best possible people around right? Positive vibes. 



If you think about it, everything is just scenery, it's people who make your experiences in the world what they are. I'm not really good at explaining things but an example I gave was if it was just you, only you and no one else on the planet, your experience would be the exact same no matter how many times you walked around the earth. It's the interactions with people that make it what it is. Obviously who ever you travel with will have a huge impact on that travel experience, so travel with people you love and you'll meet amazing people on the way. 



Gratitude is a simple exercise you can use to remind yourself what is important in life. Being grateful for what you have can shift you away from bitterness and jealousy and promote happiness. In the movie Pollyanna, she plays the 'Glad Game' when she asked for a puppy and got crutches, she was glad that she didn't need then. Basically it's finding the good within the bad. 



I'm a forgive and forget kind of person, I really can't hold a grudge and I'm glad. I really think they are a waste of energy. Why fall out with a friend, be moody with them and not talk and a week later be back to normal. You've missed a whole weeks worth of memories, if you have a fall out talk it through there and then, most of the time your friendship just becomes stronger. 



If you give out positive energy, I've found that positive energy will come back to you. I really do believe in karma, the law of attraction is real! I meditate, which helps a lot if you are having a bad day, it just makes you see your problems more clearly and most of the time it halves them in size because you become more centred and are able to see the bigger picture. If you stress a lot, are maybe on the more negative side of thinking or have anxiety, pain etc please do try guided meditation as an alternative way of dealing with it. You may feel silly at first and if it doesn't work or it's not for you that's totally fine, you don't have anything to loose! 



Judgement can play a big part in someone's unhappiness. You may be holding back from the things that make you happy because you are afraid other people will judge you for it but to be honest your probably only think that because you would judge someone else for doing the same thing. If we all let go of judgements and realised that comparativeness or completion doesn't exist because we are too vastly different, maybe people would feel happier being able to do the things they want to do judgement free. Each to their own, live and let live. 
Also there are people who are going to judge you whether you do or you don't so do what you want!  


Kindness very often makes me happy. If I'm kind or a do a random act of kindness it will bring me a lot of joy. Even if it's something as silly as bringing in the used coffee mug on the table beside you so the elderly woman working in the cafe doesn't have to walk all the way down in the heat to bring it back in, (recent experience ahah). Just doing simple good deeds will give you a good positive aura. 
Sufi saying: Before you speak, let your words pass through three gates. 
At the first gate, ask yourself ‘Is is true.’ 
At the second gate ask, ‘Is it necessary.’ 
At the third gate ask, ‘Is it kind.’



Promote Peace. We all live in the same bones. We all have a short short time here, so why go out of your way to have a negative effect on someone's stay. If their lifestyle is harmless, let it be. I believe if it's safe, sane and consensual then let people live their life the way they want. Focusing on your life and not what you think are problems in others will make for an easy happy ride. 
Remember that you are under no obligation to be who you were 5 minutes ago, grow every second, don't let other peoples expectations of you keep you from being who you want to be. 



This post is completely amateur thoughts. I've rambled on a lot and if you don't get anything out of this I'm sorry you wasted time reading this but if you do, fantastic! Happy people, happy life, happy world. 



Speak Soon, Stay Lucky x

4 comments:

  1. Such an inspiring post :)

    www.randomindistilling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post...stimulates to reflection.. :)

    Yours,
    Julia

    littlestfashionshow.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much! I'm all for positivity, and happy people make me happy! How amazing would it be to do the bus thing! Shall we do it and go on a happiness tour?! Haha
    This made me :D - thank you!

    xx Hayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across your post and I love it so so much!! I'm such a sucker for inspiring quotes :)

    Helena X
    http://xcatsandcappuccinosx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, I really appreciate and enjoy reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...